What is up with the service? It keeps on going offline and online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rukasuzu

Reaction score
What is up with the service? It keeps on going offline and online?

I can't login to cpanel :(

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Probably a server issue. It seems like everytime cPanel releases an update, it causes problems with x10. It'll clear up.

If you're trying to upload files, you can use FTP or the webdisk instead. Otherwise, you'll have to wait it out.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
I wonder if this has to do with the Sitebuilder not being able to upload the data...

All I get is:

Error when copying "tiny_mce/plugins/advhr/langs/nl_dlg.js"
Error when copying "tiny_mce/plugins/advhr/langs/ar_dlg.js"
Error when copying "tiny_mce/plugins/advhr/langs/fi_dlg.js"
etc... it shows all the files that needed to be uploaded.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Sitebuilder seems like it's been shaky since the beginning. It was having zend errors at the onset. Though it seems like there's been many problems at the datacenter as well, so it's possible that it's part of a bigger problem.

Last edited:

rukasuzu

Reaction score
my website is fine now I didn't notice they changed to lotus :D

my website is fine now :) I didn't notice they changed to lotus :D

rukasuzu

Reaction score
My website was going offline and online couple days ago, I dunno why, but I think they fixed it hmm

skeets

Reaction score
SERVERS ARE NOT YO-YOs. STOP BOUNCING THEM UP AND DOWN, X10.

5 minutes on, 10 minutes off, 5 minutes on, 10 minutes off.

What's the deal.

sgrpdl

Reaction score
Ya my no profit website for orphans too going ups and down and coz of this facing problem man.....
People are saying that i can't view pages.!!

X10 Admin Tech guy plz do some things...

Antarel Nefertili

Reaction score
Ugh, I am getting warnings from the collective my site belongs to because of this erratic behavior. "We can't view your site..." I'm sorry, I'm sorry! It's beyond my control... :shifty: Durnit.

flowiki

Reaction score
The servers are always like this, their excuse is that it's a Free Host, so you should expect downtime.

But from a webhost, I would also expect uptime... You know, where the site is available?

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Cossacks is having a bit of downtime, but you make it sound as though it isn't having any uptime. Uptime is around 80%, and we are working on how it can be increased. But having complaints for every 5 minutes of downtime is absurd. I dunno what might have been the case, if it were a paid host.

shinkelwars

Reaction score
Speaking for myself, what I"m noticing is that the site is constantly up and down, it may have 80% uptime (I personally can't verify that number) but the outages are interspersed throughout the day in short but frequent segments.

This causes it to feel like the site is down all the time (honestly I feel like I get a server unreachable 50% of the time) because each time I check I'll end up hitting one of those 5 minute down times and since I don't constantly monitor when the site is up the next time I check I may hit another 2 minute downtime etc. (so the situation feels a lot worse than it may look on paper but is still almost unusable).

My issue with this is that my site used to have fairly consistent uptimes, but in the past few months it's gotten so bad that I and several others have essentially stopped using the service entirely.

I know it's free and all and I appreciate that, but if a consistent level of service can't be maintained, why have a free service at all?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Like I've said before:

1. The servers are never "offline" the services (apache, etc) just crash because of users who take advantage of x10 and run scripts that use a ton of resources. This causes some services, mostly apache, to crash because of high Load.

2. This bears repeating: IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, LEAVE! x10 has said this before, and I honestly think corey needs to repeat it. If you are dissatisfied with a FREE service, leave! x10 will still have plenty of users, both free AND paid that actually understand what is going on.

rukasuzu

Reaction score
Well I hope it is fixed now ;)

Now give me your lunch money Admins :drool:

talkgames

Reaction score
My whole site's been offline for 4 days, and it only comes online for 5 minute intervals. :rant2: :rant2:

Elesarr

Reaction score
I must honestly say that when I first started using this service it was awesome, had no problems connecting to my site at all; however ever since Datacenters were switched the service has been hit and miss...mostly miss.

People keep yelling at us when we ask why this is happening and saying "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE!" Telling us that it is because of people misusing scripts and overloading the services.

My question is this to you who yell at us: I thought ya'll changed datacenters and redid everything so people could not misuse the free hosting service so that those of us who have legitimate sites would not be suffering?

Apparently changing datacenters and upgrading everything really didn't do much except lower the level of service we experience.

I even paid for extra stuff cause I liked how stable everything was and was impressed. Well I am no longer impressed and feel as though I wasted money :tear:

just my two cents from someone who has paid money though I am sure I will get yelled at too....

Edit: I really don't appreciate leafypiggy implying that i am an idiot and don't understand what is going on - I do - I am an IT and web design professional - I have used other free services that had much better uptime than what x10 is having at the moment, especially, as I pointed out above, taking into consideration all the upgrading and reorganizing that was done to keep people from misusing scripts. And YET the only answer we get is that people are misusing scripts and we should take it or go away....

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I really try to avoid saying "love it or leave it" and I have very openly fought against staff before on the same issues. But, I got older and presumably wiser and I'm on the other side of the fence now. I understand why people say "if you don't like it, leave" because they are the people who come to this site every day, don't get paid anything, and try to help members who have problems on the site.

I wake up every day and spend an hour before work, all of my free time at work, and a few hours after work contributing to this site and when people say "X10 is crap, blah blah blah" it's like a slap in the face. I don't want these people bringing down what I work for. I don't get paid anything to do this. Yeah, I get forum credits for posting and rep points, if you count that as pay, but I don't want anything else. I do it because I like to.

So I just ask that you take it all in. Yeah, X10 free is not 100% uptime. But, there are plenty of people here, and I think I speak of all the staff, who are giving what they can to make this a damn good host and not getting anything in return.

If you don't like it, why not try to make it better?

Last edited:

Elesarr

Reaction score
well, I certainly didn't post to be mean, I did not say that people were not trying to help their members. I have never really felt the need to post as I was happy with things.

I pointed out something I saw that is affecting the effectiveness of my forum. As I stated in my OP when I first joined here I was thrilled with the services offered by x10 and my site ran well, so I suggested to my mother that she create an account here to host a site for her Relay For Life committee that she chairs in her hometown and for a couple months things were great. In point of fact I paid for some bonuses because I felt I had found a place I could finally rely on and go about what it is that I do which I would like to point out takes a lot of my time as well.

However, since the switch of datacenters and all the upgrading and reorganizing neither my mother or me can have any type of guaranteed time frame to access our sites unless we just sit and constantly try to get it to render then hope it doesn't overload again before we post or try to make site changes or updates to content/design. We simply have other things to do and the website is a tool for us to manage aspects of the things we are involved in on a daily basis.

I have spent the entire day trying to get to my site so I can backup my forum DB - I do this routinely. Finally this evening I was able to get it done and I think "Yay! now off to do the same for my mom" (I am an admin on her forums) but lo and behold I cannot get her site to come up. We are both on the same server. I think "great the server overloaded again" in the few secs it took me click a bookmark, so I want to go back and see if my site renders and expect it not to and surprisingly my site comes up :dunno: A few minutes before I posted this I got my mom's site to render so I quickly did a forum backup, I click to go to my site and yep you guessed it my site won't render...

It has been like this for months now. I have yet to post anything until today. I have been trying to be patient and understanding since the staff have helped me in the past with tickets quite efficiently. So I am not bashing anyone and I am not saying "x10 is crap blah blah blah". In point of fact I have never said anything bad about x10 to anyone anywhere I have only ever had good things to say until recently.

I do feel I am entitled to post what I see and share my experiences since this is a community support forum and I certainly have not done it in a hateful or inappropriate way like some people have. Nor when I am being civil and intelligent do I like to see posts that imply that somehow I (as a member not on the admin staff) am asked to make things better - that is not a helpful comment at all.

It was not my intent to upset anyone and I am truly sorry if I did by simply posting the issues I have been having since it has been making it difficult for myself and my mother to do what we enjoy doing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.