• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSChan

Reaction score
Re: Which window you like most?

I Love Windows XP No BSOD Like in the older versions

Lol, i have had many BSODs in XP!

but seriusly XP over 98, purely for driver support, Pulg and Play USB is one of the best features (one thing we can thank ME for!) also props to the new graphical set, the classic grey was gone and replaced!
but out of all of them Windows 2k is my fav:biggrin:

reichiru

Reaction score

XP is way better than 98, in EVERYTHING. Literally. The other computer that we have is a 98, and it's SO slow. I hate having to use it =(

gothcrow

Reaction score

I don't like windows but I prefer xp; It has a good style and win 98 is a little old jeje
Although this vs should be about all os :p

Last edited:

Sup3rkirby

Reaction score

I honestly didn't read everything, but I wonder, why would someone pick 98? It seems XP vs Vista would have been a much better topic.

XP essentially is everything 98 is, plus more. I can't think of one 'feature' 98 would have that XP wouldn't. And if some people think 98 would run faster(don't know if anyone actually does), XP can be tuned down to increase speed and performance. The look obviously better, but you can take it away to make XP run extremely fast.

cashguy

Reaction score

xp is too buggy for me with all those backdoors and virii. 98 lets you run your machine so fast. If you want additional bells and whistles you can always download freeware to make up for the loss of functionality..

Sup3rkirby

Reaction score

xp is too buggy for me with all those backdoors and virii. 98 lets you run your machine so fast. If you want additional bells and whistles you can always download freeware to make up for the loss of functionality..
I just don't know thta you can gain back all the things lost between the two. XP SP2 is far more secure(not the most secure OS I know, but just comparing these two). You would need some very good and constant security suite with your PC if you were going to use 98. And really, any problems you have with viruses on XP, you will more than likely still have on 98. I don't see how unless you didn't use security software with XP but then started using it on 98. I have not had a single problem with any type of virus on my XP while having an active anti-virus subscription. Were you using SP2?

I honestly just can't see how you would get that 98 is in any way safer or more secure than XP...

I'm sure some XP guru could explain and prove this a lot better than I.

Glenng

Reaction score

Win 98

Fast, small more compability and so much easyer.

nakg0d

Reaction score

true, 98 was a lot more convenient in installations, but with all of this new software, it's about time to love windows xp

islamis4u

Reaction score

yeah i know their are now many softwares which need xp not 98 and the softwares are more helping

islamis4u

Reaction score

I honestly didn't read everything, but I wonder, why would someone pick 98? It seems XP vs Vista would have been a much better topic.

XP essentially is everything 98 is, plus more. I can't think of one 'feature' 98 would have that XP wouldn't. And if some people think 98 would run faster(don't know if anyone actually does), XP can be tuned down to increase speed and performance. The look obviously better, but you can take it away to make XP run extremely fast.

i think their should one more option of adding vista here

agaitu

Banned
Reaction score

i like xp than win 98 because
more speed ,compatibility,stability
my 98 was very unstable

cHaRuS

Reaction score

My Fav Windows is of curse win98,,, it was more stable than xp, also, xp consumes too much ram, and if there's any hardware problem, win98 goes straight, winxp, freezes, and won't work anymore.

satbir

Reaction score

I liked Windows 2000 though I no more use it but that was kooler then all others.

islamis4u

Reaction score

re fi
I liked Windows 2000 though I no more use it but that was kooler then all others.

you are first person who have said that 2000 is the best in this post forum, but at least their is some change though

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score

Now it is XP. upto release of windows XP SP2 98 is best.

islamis4u

Reaction score

i would agree with you bit but the thing is that 98 have still just have little edge because of the easiness of controlling 98 but some body do not have any doubt about the features though in that xp stand alone

dr.scoo

Reaction score

well DOS is sure the most powerful.
But it's not the easiest.
if we take several things to see about, we will see that XP is the perfect combination in security and networking and gaming and.....
it's still perfect after the vista release.

luisrap

Reaction score

windows 98 is lighter than xp and if compatible you can play games fastest

stillercity

Reaction score

How is this a question, XP is basically the same thing as 98 with everything upgraded. Now XP vs. Vista would be a good question, but 98? Half the things I do on my computer would take years longer on a 98.

Status
Not open for further replies.