Why do people hate microsoft ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

munim

Reaction score
actually, I admire Microsoft. They were the pioneers and its because of them that computing is where it is today.
I am a big fan of Windows Vista(and xp), Office 2007, Visual C++,C#, ASP.net etc..

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I get Vista free (and legal) through my university, and the only problem I've had is that Bluetooth didn't work to start with. Then all of a sudden it started to work. Even before the "Performance and Compatibility Update" or whatever it was called came out, it was nice and fast. XP just feels so dated in comparison, but then again.... It is! Critical updates still need a full restart, however.... Seems that 64-bit Vista needs more restarting than 32-bit, which is weird. PatchGuard (?) might have something to do with that.

Still waiting to get Office 2007 through the Ultimate Steal Microsoft offer. Apparently my university isn't a real university at all! (Something I've been saying since the start, but technically it is a real university!) Vista also has built in functionality to 'fill' stereo sound (eg music) to additional speakers. Music sounds awesome in surround :D

So to conclude: I don't hate Microsoft. It's a company anyway, so you can't really hate it. You can hate it's practices, it's CEO, it's company logo, but not really it, as it's a collaborative effort by the employees.

Last edited:

taekwondokid42

Reaction score
I hate microsoft becuase both XP and Vista take up way too much power!

You need a new, $800 computer to run vista, and my 4 year old one creeps along with XP.

Not all of their products are bad, but most of their major ones are.

adventoss

Reaction score
I don't like Microsoft simply because there are better softwares out there, for free. That is why. They price their OS insanely, its not even funny. My laptop runs sluggishly with XP, because there are to many services running by default that I don't need. I've disabled them because I know how to, but not many people know!

vAx1oNe

Reaction score
Always love microsoft because its the best enterprise i never seen on my life and it haves a lot of very good software ;).

I love from Microsoft:

Windows XP
Windows Media Player
Microsoft offices
Most of they games (like age of empires)
The website

What i hate from microsoft:

Windows vista (really sucks)
Software high prices xD
Bill Gates

ChrisP

Reaction score
im going to have to say that Bryon is right. Many people said that Windows Vista stunk on ice; and so I went along with them for a while. But now that I have it I feel really stupid because it is WAY better than XP. That or the fact that I have much more RAM and Hard-drive Space :)

Last edited:

xbox1513

Reaction score
LOL i hate microsoft because the xbox360 is beating the ps3 for now.:biggrin::drool:

Gustave

Reaction score
Well I've been reading this (5 pages, OMFG how long...), and I don't know about other people but my opinion is this, as an old fashioned developper, ms, lacks many of the tools I need, even throught their have .NET and even VB (never licked him, even more when I realise that it promote copy-paste code). That i as an developper I like to get my hands dirty, inside some asembler or low level C code, and ms simply don't offers that to me, so I don't hate them I just don't like what their have, cause it lacks many things that I need (or find neat), for instance, I cannot made my Hello World kernels with it, or my BNF grammars with it, and if I want to I have to: 1) grab an virtual machine with linux, 2) reboot my pc and get to linux or another unix.
About other things like games, good looking shells, it simply don't attracts me, it does the inverse (I always liked to have an cool and powerfull text shell in my hands, and an copy of vi too ^^)

KentonBomb

Reaction score
I've been Microsoft-free for 7 Months now (Excluding at school). Been using linux for the entire time. Wine fills the gap between the easy to use software that is made for windows, but still, that doesn't change the fact that the core OS is simply not as good. It has good software backing it up.

Linux, however, is nearly virus-free (Note: I said Nearly!!), 100X easier to customize, generally "free" in both price and freedom of the source (Mostly open source distributions) and there is a plethora of programs that can fill the void when wine simply can't. Products like Openoffice are reducing the need to hack your way into using Microsoft documents, when you can use them the same way you would before?

Simply put, why would you spend $300-$600 on an OS when you can get something of equal (and in some cases, more) value for absolutely nothing except a few minutes to burn a CD?

Wow, that's my long winded opinion.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I only hate their latest product (Vista). It's why my machines stay XP.

Who do I hate more?

Definitely Apple!

velvetmay

Reaction score
I don't Microsoft and I don't see why people would hate it. People gripe about the useless firewalls and how they aren't built in. I got a secret for the Mac users, "yes you get hacked." Who ever decided that macs were better than pcs didn't check the amount of pcs bought each year compared to macs. It's like comparing the Wii to the PS3. So what if one has better graphics and costs more. The Wii is still selling more just like Microsoft.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Who ever decided that macs were better than pcs didn't check the amount of pcs bought each year compared to macs. .
Macs are personal computers. Popular does not equal better, either. Freewebs is a more popular hosting service than x10Hosting, but Freewebs is crappy.

If I had to choose between Windows PCs and Mac PCs, I'd choose Windows PCs because I can custom build my computer instead of paying for an overpriced pre-made PC.

Last edited:

velvetmay

Reaction score
Macs are personal computers. Popular does not equal better, either. Freewebs is a more popular hosting service than x10Hosting, but Freewebs is crappy.

If I had to choose between Windows PCs and Mac PCs, I'd choose Windows PCs because I can custom build my computer instead of paying for an overpriced pre-made PC.

Your right popular doesn't always mean it's better. But when it comes to products on a wider scale and the advertising is massive on both parties parts, I'd say people are more well informed on what to choose. When it comes to websites that aren't as well known or when another website is more known than the other most average people tend to pick the most known not the best. And from personal experience some people are like me (at least how I was) where I want a uncomplicated website with templates. Maybe Freewebs serves an easier purpose and in a way is better (I don't think it is). And I went too much off topic. :sadwavey:

(Thanks for the correction on "pcs" I'm so not used to computer lingo yet that was a stupid mistake)

chisaku

Reaction score
Ahh... that's a hard question, though, I don't hate Microsoft too much. Intelligent people, that. Windows XP is the best creation ever made from them! I thank them for creating my OS! Well, now I want an OS under a GNU license. Just like Firefox, free and open source. A mwah to Mozilla. :happysad:

People probably hate Microsoft because they follow the stream. If a Mac user (let's say he's named Bill) says that Microsoft sucks to an user with Windows (he's Gates)... and Bill, is Gates's boss... okay, I'm confusing myself as well. People get thoughts stuck up here. :nuts: Just because others say so.

Well, okay... I can say I've sometimes hated Microsoft because my computer screws up, but that isn't entirely their fault. It's my HD that is half full.

kkenny

Reaction score
It's always Mac vs Windows.
well Linux beats them both. Windows is less customizable compared to Linux, it is less secure, and it has more viruses and the such compared to Linux. Linux has a windows emulator so Windows programs would work on Linux.
Soo linux win!

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Your right popular doesn't always mean it's better. But when it comes to products on a wider scale and the advertising is massive on both parties parts, I'd say people are more well informed on what to choose.
They're really not well informed at all. Most people don't even know what an operating system is, so I doubt they're making an informed decision when choosing what computer to buy. Advertisements are intended to sell a product, so they're biased and are not a good way to get "informed."
(Thanks for the correction on "pcs" I'm so not used to computer lingo yet that was a stupid mistake)
Lots of people do the same thing because Apple always refers to a Windows-based computer as a PC and never a Mac.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
All computers are PCs, no matter Linux, Windows or Macintosh. They're probably just Apple fanboys or people who are cheap, but that's all.

kkenny

Reaction score
Correction,
PCs= Personal Computers

Public computers in libraries and internet cafes are NOT PCs.

FalseHope

Reaction score
I hate Microsoft, because they suck, they copy other companies. There latest stupidity was yahoo. :p
I never followed the story, but did they get them?

Sohail

Reaction score
I don't like Microsoft either. I don't know why :p I just hate it.

Apple for life! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.