x10Hosting's Official Twitter Page, Now Live!

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
go into facebook, go to the fan page's wall, and check the wall settings if it's in there.
that's where it usually is for normal user's profiles.

We're actually not going to link the Facebook and Twitter accounts, because they're formatted differently. There's a feature where it can be dually updated, but that requires #fb in all of our tweets. Also, Twitter forces us to use shortened URLs, but we don't want to add shortened URLs to our Facebook profile because it makes it seem more shady.

Wouldn't a server status page make more sense? (ex. status.x10hosting.com would be sweet)

Having a whole twitter account dedicated to showing how much your servers are being rebooted isn't exactly the best. lol

There are other things on our Twitter profile too. I do a search of "x10Hosting" on Twitter at least twice a day and reply to people that may be talking about us.

Awesome. :)

Bump for adam.

Thanks for the bump while I was missing in action for one day. :p

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
We're actually not going to link the Facebook and Twitter accounts, because they're formatted differently. There's a feature where it can be dually updated, but that requires #fb in all of our tweets. Also, Twitter forces us to use shortened URLs, but we don't want to add shortened URLs to our Facebook profile because it makes it seem more shady.

You only need the #fb hashtag if you want to be able to select what tweets go to facebook :) There's other apps that connect twitter to facebook. True for all is they would be with shortened urls. Might be ways to do it the other way around though, in which case facebook would still have full url.

Danielx386

Reaction score
Well, I'm looking for a way where when I make a blog post, twitter get the short url, and facebook get the full url. I will post back if I find anything. :)

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
You only need the #fb hashtag if you want to be able to select what tweets go to facebook :) There's other apps that connect twitter to facebook. True for all is they would be with shortened urls. Might be ways to do it the other way around though, in which case facebook would still have full url.

I found an application on Facebook that automatically updates Twitter:

http://apps.facebook.com/twitter/

The only problem is that there's no way for me to link it to the updates of the x10Hosting page. If I linked the x10Hosting Twitter page to that application, x10Hosting's Twitter page would be full of my own personal status updates, not the ones from the x10Hosting profile.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
:( bummer... Any one else that can link it to the x10hosting page? Otherwise I guess you'll just have to update both manually. Though I can help with the twitter part.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
:( bummer... Any one else that can link it to the x10hosting page? Otherwise I guess you'll just have to update both manually. Though I can help with the twitter part.

It's all right, it's not that big of a deal. You're already helping me out with the Twitter part, and I get email alerts for Twitter updates from people I'm watching via a third-party application, which means that I'll be able to notice when the Twitter page is updated and update the Facebook profile promptly as well.

Danielx386

Reaction score
I should point out that if you were to join the two together, you will need to loginto twitter, so you can't just join the two together, thank god

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I should point out that if you were to join the two together, you will need to loginto twitter, so you can't just join the two together, thank god

lol Yes, I realize that. The application would fail if you could link your Facebook account to any Twitter account without knowing its corresponding password.

pctech37

Reaction score
Some of you may have noticed that x10Hosting had a Twitter page for a while, but it was never properly updated.

In the past hour or so, I have completely redesigned x10Hosting's Twitter profile and tidied up a bit. All x10Hosting users with a Twitter profile should follow x10Hosting now, as the Twitter page will be updated regularly with news, announcements, and server alerts. This is a good way to keep up with what's going on.

x10Hosting's official Twitter page can be found here:

http://twitter.com/x10hosting

Note: If you are a moderator, account manager, or administrator of x10Hosting that has a Twitter page and is not yet being followed by x10Hosting, please post here with your Twitter URL and I will add you to the list of x10's followers.
ty will follow

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I like how they show server alerts that way. I'm sure that gets the word out more effectively.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I like how they show server alerts that way. I'm sure that gets the word out more effectively.

Yep. :)

(Note: this post was used more as a bump, but I decided to agree with Justin so this post didn't seem like complete spam. :))

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
x10Hosting's newest tweet:

Congratulations to Account Manager @SecretLadyA (LadyAnna) for getting her WordPress theme approved! "Blue Steel" : http://is.gd/4yG2p

:)