Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just been slacking with updates sorry, there has been a lot going on in general. I can write out a huge list of problems from cPanel bugs, wrong drives being installed, now a drive crashing and taking all the Absolut databases with it. I've been on the phone with the DC more than I ever wanted to be this past month.

Anyways, where we stand. Accounts from Stoli are being copied back to Stoli. It's setup and ready to rock ;). There are about 500 accounts copied back so far as of this post. I have 6 transfers running concurrently and they have not crashed once!

Absolut, there is a thread in the server alerts section with some info. The 73GB add-on drive we got to hold the database server decided to die early this morning. We had the drive replaced but the information was not recoverable. We do have all the databases for every server backed up on the database server. Only problem is the database server is going offline early morning tomorrow because I canceled it. I have been transferring databases since yesterday and there is about 10GB left to transfer off. It shouldn't have a problem finishing in time. So I need to wait for this transfer to finish THEN copy all the Absolut databases back to the newly replaced HDD. I'm going to be optimistic and say this will will be done or atleast started tonight. It will probably take a few hours to copy all the databases back, there are a lot of them. I am also staying up late to get as much done as possible.

Right now I'm just waiting on these transfers to proceed. If anyone played UO or wants to check out my thread in the gamers section. It is what I'm doing while I'm waiting for these transfers to finish.

-Corey

ampdt

Reaction score
Cool Corey, Just read all that and actually praise you coz, you are doing the best you guys can....

Cheers for this information.... Much appreciated.

Barry
(ampdt.exofire.net)

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Damn! Don't jinx it!
He's looking for trouble, isn't he? :biggrin:

My friends keep complaining about the websites being down (I brought two of them to x10 so a lot of people I know are concerned by at least one of our three sites), but I know that you guys and especially Corey are working like mad and I know it is at least as much a pain in the ass for you than for us. So I keep telling them that it's free, that you work for free too and that once the servers get back to normal they won't have anything to complain about.

Until then, respect, Corey! :cool:

sonicsshadow

Reaction score
Thanks for the update.
I'm not angry about my site being down, since you have no control over it.
At least you're doing something to fix it!

Good luck.

darkguild

Reaction score
user: dark
server: absolut
url: darkelite.exofire.net
Issue: I have been able to restore from backups -
question: my understanding is that the system backups being applied are prior to last evening? Is that correct? Or are they current to Friday night?
thankyou

Last edited:

kamcraft

Reaction score
He's looking for trouble, isn't he? :biggrin:

My friends keep complaining about the websites being down (I brought two of them to x10 so a lot of people I know are concerned by at least one of our three sites), but I know that you guys and especially Corey are working like mad and I know it is at least as much a pain in the ass for you than for us. So I keep telling them that it's free, that you work for free too and that once the servers get back to normal they won't have anything to complain about.

Until then, respect, Corey! :cool:

I have the same problem me and my friend got in a debate last night about it he wants me to move the site to another service but I keep telling him it's free and it's the only one with all the features.

NeonWarrior

Reaction score
excellent, the sooner its all fixed and done the sooner we can get back to updating our sites and you can relax!

freenetter

Reaction score
I really appreciate all your work Corey. You and your dedicated staff are very much admired by many of us free x10ers for your determination to get to the bottom of the server problems. I fully understand the downtime and the issues surrounding the servers and hope the problems are rectified soon. Once again, thanks very much for all of your efforts.

joseph0829

Reaction score
i cant wait, of the Stoli server to be online.... hope it'll be online and working properly the soonest possible time!

cowctcat

Reaction score
my friend is getting angry because he just signed up and his account hassnt been created yet

moltes

Reaction score
explain to him he has to wait for a few days... x10hosting is normally ever up.

Status
Not open for further replies.