!!!! The NEW Biggest thread !!!!

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I've been optimizing the Admin Panel for one of my websites. So far I decreased Memory Usage by 176kB and decreased load time by about 1-2 seconds. Also I'm now using <DIV>'s and CSS instead of tables.

Last edited:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I've been optimizing the Admin Panel for one of my websites. So far I decreased Memory Usage by 176kB and decreased load time by about 1-2 seconds. Also I'm now using <DIV>'s and CSS instead of tables.

Congratulations on finally woking up to the world of good XHTML coding practices and ditching the foul tables. <div>s and CSS gives way more control, and takes less code. What project you working on then?

-Luke.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah nice one. I'll post some screenshots of my rather ugly (but full-featured) admin panel for the arcade soon. It's still under heavy development though, because I've rewritten most of the arcade over the past few days. Just finished a new user permission system and am working on improving page management wizards and adding new game management stuff too. Not the easiest thing to do, but it's all good eventually. The next release of the arcade will be a bit.......big.

-Luke.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
TechAsh that's totally wrong, we don't have the 73GB for MySQL anymore.

Also your counting how long you've been an x10 staff member? I'd count but I can't count that high.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I think she is using a JavaScript script. =p
I actually made one myself because I thought it looked so cool. :)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
LOL guys, what's up? I just had soo much fun screwing around with my friend's N64. Such a good game console.

LHVWB

Reaction score
Now that you mention N64. I have this absolutely wonderful story.

On Friday in Information Systems (a Yr 12 subject), my teacher told the class to have a look in a certain networked 'drop folder' to get some software so that we could do some basic web design. The hilarious thing was that we opened up the 'drop folder' and there were about 50 folders with games such as Worms World Party and a whole bunch of N64 Games as well as an emulator. Unfortunately our teacher made us do work. :frown:

I think our School Admin is a tad overworked. ;)

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I think she is using a JavaScript script. =p
She isn't, but he is!!

TechAsh that's totally wrong, we don't have the 73GB for MySQL anymore.
Ok, I just found that on the Forums somewhere. What are the current specs?

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Everything you had minus the 73 gb hard drives.

Ok I counted, I have been staff for 625 days and some time=P

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Yeh beginning of November dunno if I did my math right=P

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
LOL, sorry TechAsh!
I thought the Ash standed for Ashley. :happysad:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
LOL, sorry TechAsh!
I thought the Ash standed for Ashley.
It does. But Ashley can be a guy's name as well. Your the second person to make that mistake this week. lol.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It does. But Ashley can be a guy's name as well. Your the second person to make that mistake this week. lol.

so you are a guy? I always wondered because in movies nearly all the time someone with the name ashley is a girl (exept in one movie that I don't remember the name on).

Finally I am home from my vacation! *edits signature*

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Lol at the confusion about the name, I always spelt the girl's name as Ashleigh, but there we go :p.

And vigge, that explains why there's been a major drop in forum spam (joke lol).

How is everyone anyways?

-Luke.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Welcome back. Did you enjoy it?

Well it was fun but the last week wasn't that fun as the other weeks.

The last week you just wanted to go home and want to be in some colder place. And as I came home I found out it was warmer in Sweden than in Hungary :/ ( 18 C there, 30 C here).

The best thing was when we were in balaton (hungarys largest lake) for 1 week with my relatives.